General Project Information
- Tanana Watershed Upwelling Studies. This project is in coordination with the Alaska Boreal Forest Council. We are investigating the ground-water upwelling processes important to salmon spawning in the Tanana Watershed.
- Kenai River Ground-Water and Surface-Water Interaction Studies. This project is in coordination with Restoration Science and Engineering, Kenai River Center, Kenai Watershed Forum, and Environmental Protection Agency. We are investigating the relationships between ground-water and the Kenai River to help with public education, management, and science issues.
- Fort Wainwright Geohydrologic programs, Fort Wainwright, Alaska. This project is in coordination with the University of Alaska Fairbanks (Water and Environmental Research Center), ENSR, US Army Alaska (Fort Wainwright), and the US Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District.
- Ground-Water Modeling Applications, Arctic Regions Supercomputing Center
- Prince William Sound Ground-Water and Surface-Water Interactions. Current studies are looking at salmon spawning areas and interactions with beach sediments impacted by the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill.
- Environmental Site Assessments. A variety of sites around the state have been addressed for expert witness issues.
- Bethel Fuel Sales, Bethel, Alaska. Tank farm containment and permafrost hydrology. See environmental program links under main page.